A Cold Case Reopened

On April 3, 2000 two teens went missing in Sparta, Tennessee after never returning home from a party in White County. These teens' names were Erin Foster and Jeremy Bechtel. Erin's brother was the last to see the pair alive earlier that day. The families reported the teens missing after 1 week of them being gone. The police had many leads but they all led to nothing. Some leads even pointed to the teens being murdered. 

After the teens' case has been cold for 21 years a scuba diver has found their car they were last seen in. The scuba diver who had found the car was Jeremy Slides. The sheriff had pointed out an area for Jeremy Slides to look in the Calfkiller river for their car. Sure enough Jeremy Slides had found the car with human remains in it. The car’s license plate indicated that the car was in fact Erin Fosters. The human remains are being tested to clarify if they are the remains of the teens.

Jeremy Slides is a very popular youtuber. Slides tries solving cold cases all over the US. He uses sonar technology to solve the cold cases. His youtube channel is called Exploring with Nug. He had tried once before and failed to find the teens car in november. Slides had not told anyone that he had gone looking. After Sheriff  Page saw the video of Slides's first attempt he saw that Slides had better equipment than the police did so that is why Slides was asked to come back. 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/scuba-diving-youtuber-discovers-submerged-car-tennessee-teens-disappea-rcna8017

https://www.the-sun.com/news/4257857/who-were-jeremy-bechtel-and-erin-foster/

Jeremy Slides Youtube Channel : http://www.youtube.com/channel/UClHubEgFJZQahvKeT1vMeng 

What is your thoughts on the case?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Be sure to always inlcude personal thoughts within your summary. Also be sure to comment more frequently as well. -10 late one day

• I think in these cases the families and people closed to them are very sad, I couldn't imagine not knowing where someone is and finding them many years later dead. I also think it might be comforting to the family, to finally know.

• I think it is a very good thing that they did find out what happened to these two teens, but I do wish that they found out truly, details and all so the families could experience true closure, but it has been found out way to late for that, and it is just for the best that it itself was even found out about.

•  I'd like to have a more definitive answer of what happened exactly. I'm assuming they drove into the body of water and ended up drowning to death in their, which was pretty devastating yes but more information, which might be impossible to get after 20 years of this being a cold case, would be a spectatular thing to include within this.

• I think it is very sad, and probably very hard on their close friends and family. But with that being said, I am sure that it is comforting for the family to finally know forsure and are all now able to move on with their lives and have one less thing to stress about.

• I think that it was kind of suspicious that they reported them missing after A WEEK. That doesn't seem wrong to them? But I am glad that they were eventually found, and what I'm going to assume to be confirmed, but still your suppossed to report them missing after 24 hours to have a better chance at finding them, what were they even thinking?

• this is a really sad case that shows that the police need more funding because if a radom youtuber can find missing people in a little bit while the police have been looking for over twenty years of course he wanted to make the vidieo and the police probably have not been looking but the police need more funding for better technologie to find these people before they die OMG SHE REPLIED

• Jeremy makes videos to show how he tries to solve cold cases.

• I think it is a good thing that YouTuber Jeremy slides found the car in the river 21 years later. I think this is good because the YouTuber finding the car would help the families a lot. I think it helped them because him finding the car it gave the families of these people can have closure.

• I think that is very weird that the YouTuber Jeremy slides found multiple people and the authorities could not that would be very disappointing. I also think it is weird that the YouTuber found the car in the river many years later which I personally think that is weird.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker