Damar Hamlin

Damar Hamlin is on his second year in the NFl. He got drafted by the buffalo bills. They were playing against the bengals to see who would get 1st seed. it was 7-3 in the first quarter and Bengals had the ball. Joe Burrow threw the ball to Tee Higgins and Damar Hamlin tackled him. Damar got up after the tackle and just fell right where he was. everyone was wondering what happened and was worried. Both teams health team were surrounding him and checking everything that could've happened. His heart was stopped for 9 minutes while getting medical attention. They were giving him CPR and finally got him on a stretcher and took him to the hospital. They got a tube down his throat to help him breath and keep going.

Damar is still alive to this day. He is not doing the best but at least he is alive. He is not breathing on his own right now. People are saying he is gonna have brain damage and won't live the same life he did. Everyone is worried about him and all the NFL teams are putting number 3 up and lighting up there stadiums to support Damar. His family is supporting him all the way throught this trama and pain. Damar was also born with a heart condition and thats what caused him to fall and his heart to stop. 

In my opinion I hate when this stuff happens. I think this was the worst thing to happen in the NFL. The steelers had Ryan Shazier lose all control in his body and was forced to retire and now he is finally walking and is living life. I still think Damars was worse then his or anyones. Damar Hamlin never deserved this and I hope he gets better. I don't think he will be able to come back to the NFL after he gets better. HIs NFL career just got taken away from a brutal health problem.

What do you think the worst injury in the NFL is?

How would you feel if this happened to one of your family members?

https://www.nytimes.com/article/damar-hamlin-injury-update.html

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Good topic choice and good summary Brody! I do wish you would have chaged your questions. +5 original topic

• Me personally I think the Ryan Shazier injury was worse because it put him in a wheelchair and ended his career, but Damar Hamlin (if he gets back to normal) could still play. If this happened to one of my family members I would probably not know what to do because this has happened before and it is still one of the scariest things that can happen in sports.

• I think this is definitely the worst injuries ever in a football game. It is very sad that he may never get to play football ever again, but if so that'd be awesome. It seems like there has been quite a few of people in sports collapsing like he did Monday night. These injuries are very severe and I hope the best for him and his family.

• I don't watch very much football, so I don't know if it was the worst injury in the NFL. But from what I have heard, it seems to be one of the worst in football. It is a very unfortunate thing that happened to Damar and I would not want this to happen to someone in my family.

• I agree with this because this would suck if this happened to my family and he is doing better now.

• I think this is defently one of the worst in the NFL, its just kind of unfortunate how this happend and that its good people together to pray for him. I was would feel very sad if this happend to by familty member and I would hope people would pray for my family memeber too.

• I agree I would feel the same way if this happened to my family and he is doing a lot better now.

• I have no idea if this was the worst injury to happen in the NFL. I do not enjoy watching football. This is partly because I do not like to be outside when there is bad weather and when at home I feel there are better things for me to spend time on. But the main reason I do not like watching football is because I always fear someone will get hurt and I tend to feel unwell at the sight of blood or injuries, so when I do see people get hurt I feel bad for them, their families, and for everyone else who can't stand the sight of blood or any injury. I also have no one in my family that plays football and that makes me glad, because then I don't have that worry and then I do not have to tolerate going to their games.

• I think that this is one of the worst sports injuries of all time if not the worst. What happened to Damar Hamlin is just awful. I hope that he is able to push through and overcome this obstacle in his life. I would be very sad if this happened to one of my family members. Prayers to Damar Hamlin!

• I have not seen other injuries in the NFL. I hope he is able to recover. Football is a rough and tough sport. Injuries will happen all the time, yet there are many people who will say that the NFL should be banned because of injury. There are other sports that cause bad injuries such as wrestling or soccer.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker