9/11 Wedding Photo

For some people hope is all the have to hold on too. For one women this was her hope a simple picture found in the dust and rumble after the 9/11 attack on the twin towers. She was out visiting a friend when the falling of the towers occurred. As she was hurry away she caught glimpse of a wedding photo laying among the rumble of cement and debris.  With the help of social media and 35,000 re-tweets later the picture of the bride, groom, two maid of honors, and best man someone finally took recognizance of the people in it. The groom in the picture worked up in one of the trade centers and was lucky to be caught in subway traffic and not aloud to continue on to work as the first tower crumbled. The photo was later returned to the couple thirteen years later.

What would you have done with the lost wedding photo?

For link click here

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The same thing that a the woman did.

• I would have done what ever I could to get that photo to someone who is in it, because their spouse could have passed in 9/11 and they could only have those pictures left of their loved one.  

• I don't even know If I would have noticed the picture but I think I would have done quite the same thing, using social medias to find the owners.  It was very nice from the women to give it back to the couple. 

• I would have thought nothing of it to be honest. I would've been in too much shock and disbelief that I would've just passed over it. Although it was a very touching story and amazing that someone would do that for another person. 

• I'm guessing that I would have passed over it being the circumstances that the lady was in. I would have given it back though if at all possible.

• I would have searched for family members of the people in the photo. If say the guy in the photo was in the towers working when 9/11 happened, I would want the family members to have the picture because there could have been a story behind it, and they would know that a piece of him would be left with them. It is amazing that after 13 years, they finally found the owners of the picture.

• I agree with you, being that you wouldn't of known if the spouse was dead or alive you'd want to return quickly. I think it would and did lots of smiles to the family once it was returned.

• I would have left it because I would have been to shocked to notice it but if I had I would have tried to find the people but I wouldn't have gone to this extant. For her to do this is amazing.

• I too Abby probably would not have seen the picture at all but hopefully if I didn't see it somebody else would have picked it up a did the right thing.

• I would try and find the owner, I would have kept it and put in on social media and hopefully it would have gotten back to that person.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker