6 pound gold "nugget" sold for $400,000

A gold chunk was sold for $400,000 this weekend at the San Francisco Antiques show. The gold was discovered in Northern California and is nicknamed the "Butte Nugget" due to the county it was found in. It was bought buy an anonymous buyer.

Do you think this is worth $400,00 and why or why not?

If you had $400,000 to spend would you buy this, if not why?

link: http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/26/us/massive-gold-chunk-sold/index.html?hpt=hp_c3

(if link doesn't work try copying and pasting it into your search box) 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• The questions for both of your two topics are similar in that it asks whether people would spend a ton of money on something. Mix up your questions.

Also, you didn't hyperlink correctly. You have to use the hyperlink button.

• Well depends how big it was. If I had that much money laying around why not but most likely I wouldn't spend it on that.

• To me it would not be worth that much, all it would do is sit there, I would have no real use for it. I don't think it is worth $400,000, because most people would have no real use for it, they would just buy if for show.

• Gold is worth a lot of money is should definitely be worth 400,000 or more I would definitely if I had that kind of money.
  • It is worth it because gold prices very and that is a very big piece of gold. I would buy it so I would always have money and if a i needed money I could wait till prices got high and sell it for even more. 

• I think that the price maybe should have been higher, but I would not buy it because that is kind of a waste. 

• I think that it is worth that much because gold is becoming really rare now. I would not buy a gold nugget for 400,00 dollars because it would be totally pointless to have it just to show off. 

• I think the Gold nugget should be worth more. I would not buy the nugget because I don't think its necessary but it would be nice.

• Well knowing how much people want gold, and that it was an auction many people would have wanted it. Every time they bid they make it more expensive for themselves, so of course the price would have been really high.

• No i think that it should be worth tons more cash its gold! it should be worth millions. If i had that much money no i would not because it would be a waste, think of all the other things in the world with $400,000 than a little gold nugget.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker