$2.5 Million Dollar Bond Set for Omaha Teacher

Daryl Clark, a middle school teacher and softball coach in Omaha appeared in court today, Friday, December 2, 2016. He was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of a felony of sexual assault of a child. The case broke through when the mother of the victim came home and found her daughter and Daryl in bed. To everyone this definitely comes off as surprising, but there is evidence of previous history between the two. Investigators reportedly found nude photos that Clark had sent to the victim. Everyone in the neighborhood and school district is shocked at the moment, but to Tony Larry, the president of the fast pitch softball organization, "this comes from left field." Larry is very surprised because Clark was a person he had a lot of trust within. As of right now, Clark's bond is at $2.5 million dollars, and if convicted, Clark will face 20 years to life in prison. 

1. Do you think Clark's sentence is deserving of his actions?

2. What do you think would lead someone like this to take these kinds of actions?

I greatly believe that Clark's sentence is very deserving because he committed a terrible crime. Sometimes you can have a little sympathy for robbers, or other criminals, but definitely not in this case. I'm not really sure what would lead a 46 year-old man to have a relationship with a 16 year old, but I think he needs to get checked out, which will probably happen in prison. 

Article

Daryl Clark

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• In my opinion it's disgusting that a 46-year old has sex with a 16-year old teenage girl. I don't believe that the girl did this willingly; I bet there's more behind that. It's totally fine that he gets charged with child abuse and like you said you can have sympathy with robbers but not with rapists or people committing a crime like this. It's simply disgusting and gross!

• I would have to agree with you, there has to more be more to the story than the media is putting out. When you commit a crime like this, it is just a terrible thing, and you can not feel for the man at all!

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker