$2.5 Million Dollar Bond Set for Omaha Teacher

Daryl Clark, a middle school teacher and softball coach in Omaha appeared in court today, Friday, December 2, 2016. He was arrested on Wednesday on suspicion of a felony of sexual assault of a child. The case broke through when the mother of the victim came home and found her daughter and Daryl in bed. To everyone this definitely comes off as surprising, but there is evidence of previous history between the two. Investigators reportedly found nude photos that Clark had sent to the victim. Everyone in the neighborhood and school district is shocked at the moment, but to Tony Larry, the president of the fast pitch softball organization, "this comes from left field." Larry is very surprised because Clark was a person he had a lot of trust within. As of right now, Clark's bond is at $2.5 million dollars, and if convicted, Clark will face 20 years to life in prison. 

1. Do you think Clark's sentence is deserving of his actions?

2. What do you think would lead someone like this to take these kinds of actions?

I greatly believe that Clark's sentence is very deserving because he committed a terrible crime. Sometimes you can have a little sympathy for robbers, or other criminals, but definitely not in this case. I'm not really sure what would lead a 46 year-old man to have a relationship with a 16 year old, but I think he needs to get checked out, which will probably happen in prison. 

Article

Daryl Clark

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I agree with you that he knew his consequences, but he is still the one that took the chance of doing it. I also think its scary to hear about all of these people we are supposed to be able to trust and people that parents are supposed to leave with for a couple hours at a time doing these kinds of things. 

• I think that it is deserving, he knew the consequences of his actions and he knew that it is wrong to get with a student when he was a teacher. I think the first sign is that he is way older than the high schooler so obviously it was going to get caught. I think that he probably liked her but he had to know that he could get fired and go to jail if he did that. It is called self control!

• I think that the sentence is fair for the actions of this teacher. It is very scary to think that someone who is a teacher and coach could do something like this. A person like this is someone that you are supposed to trust and be able to tell things to, and to think they could do something like this is frightening. I think people began to lose sight of what their actions can cause and just give into things without caring about the future.

• I also think its scary because you have to be able to trust in coaches and teachers, and for something like this to happen is bizarre. I also agree with you that people don't think about their consequences, and just do things without thinking about what they're actually doing. 

• I think this is very deserving and concerning because you never know with people anymore they seem safe and trustworthy. I think that his bond and time served he deserves it. 

• I think Clark's sentence is very fair, considering his actions. He was caught in the act, and other evidence was found to support his guiltiness. I think that people nowadays don't know how to deal with their problems and don't understand the possible consequences of their actions. On the other hand, some people are born with mental disabilities that cause them to act like this. I also think that ever-evolving technology definitely had an effect on Clark. (For example, he wouldn't have been able to send the nude photos without a cellphone or some type of technology). It's sad to say, but stories like this seem to be occurring more and more. 

• I think he deserves his punishment, but it also takes two for it to happen. I think just actions in class made it happen and it just furthered

• I believe that his sentence is fair. I have no clue, you would have to be sick and twisted or something.

• Yeah, I also believe his sentence is fair for his actions. I just don't know what would lead him to do this, but like you said he might be twisted. 

• Yes I do, he knew what he was doing and what could happen, but he did it anyway. I think something is mess up in his head and he thought this was ok. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker