17 Year Old Makes Toddler Smoke Marijuana

People were furious when they saw the video a 17 year old uncle posted on Facebook of his 3 year old nephew smoking a joint. Usually you would expect this out of teenagers or students in college but not a 3 year old. In the video the toddler coughs and says "weed," Not only does the uncle urge him to do this, but he also records it. The uncle is in custody for the welfare of a minor and the baby is in the grandmother's custody. Yancey, the uncle, still remains in jail. 

What would you do if you came across a video like this on the internet?

What do you think the consequence should be for Yancey? Why?

My Opinion: I would be very surprised by this and probably be a little mad too. Just because that is wrong to force a child to do and also to record it makes it no better. I think he should stay in jail for a while and have to face a certain amount of jail time because he did something to a child that the child cannot control. It is wrong to force someone to do something that they don't want to do especially when they are too young to even know what is going on.  

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/23/health/child-marijuana-video-trnd/index.html 

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Great job overall! Be sure to hyperlink correctly and also be sure to comment on three different days instead of just two. You replied very well overall though!

• I would be mad because people should not be doing it when they are older and he was making a 3 year old do it that is very bad. I think that he should be in jail for a long time because he was making a 3 year old smoke. 

• I would laugh but ask that guy what he is doing.

I dont know honestly so we would probably have to find something

• I would be shocked that someone would let his younger relative smoke marijuana. He should go to jail for along time because he should not have drugs in the first place let alone let his younger relative smoke the drug.

• I think this is just irresponsible. I honestly don't think that a 17 year old should show a 3 year how to some marijuana that is just unacceptable. There has to be some form of consequence.

• I would be angry for sure. What kind of person allows and encourages this to happen? I think he should stay in jail for a while. I don't know how long, but he endangered a child. 

• I would feel ashamed, that this is what our world is coming to. People do lots of stupids things, but a baby smoking is maybe a little to far. I think he should stay in jail for a couple months or so, he put the three year old in danger. Which is child endangerment. 

• I would be shocked and appalled if I saw this! I probably wouldn't know what to do, but I would feel angry towards the uncle. I think Yancey should go to jail for doing this.

• I was very shocked when I read the article about it! It is crazy to think that there are people out there doing dumb things like this.

• I would definitely report it because this is practically harming the child. I think he should serve some time in jail its not funny to make a 3-YEAR old smoke a joint, just absolutely wrong in so many ways. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker