12 Team expansion CFB

While the College football playoffs are in a couple of weeks; fans are having a lot to say about the expansion of the college football playoffs for years to come. The NCAA has confirmed that the College football playoffs will be going to a 12 team format from 2023 and on. 

What does this mean for FBS teams? Well this could be adding a better chance for the one to two loss teams. Being able to just be inside the top 12 teams. Another thing to point out is the strength of teams schedules. Who is playing who? How is the win the loss percentage for the teams your team is playing? And I think this is most important. Some people may say that Alabama should have been in the College Football playoffs these year. Due to the fact that the teams they lost to were both outstanding teams. 

How will the 12 team expansion work? In order to make the playoffs, the top four conference champions, followed by some combination of the top six at-large bids and two highest-ranked remaining conference champions.

In my opinion, I think the 12 team expansion could be very successful but then could cause conventional topics. I think the teams that are more deserving are going to be able to get into the bigger games putting on more of a show for the viewers. But I also think that players having to play more games could be harmful to their bodies. Just for the fact that some players aren't going to declare for the draft and play for the teams in their bowl games. 

How will these affect players and their bodies?

Will the top players stay for bowl games?

Is this good or bad for college football?

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think that it is a good idea to expand the college football playoffs.  I think that it will make watching the College football playoffs way more fun.  I think that the best players will stay because they want to win the playoffs.  However, I do not know how this will affect a players body.

• I think that it maybe good and bad to expand. I think that some smaller schools will be saying it is unfair to get matched up against bigger schools. I think the top players may stay for bowl games. This is probably overall a good thing for college football.

• I agree totally, I think that the smaller schools that are getting the season put to reason finally and the top player I believe would stay unless they are going to go to the bowl game just to watch. 

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker