11 Year Old Died After Refusing Chemo

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2015/01/23/investigation-launched-into-death-girl-11-who-died-after-refusing-chemo/

A 11 year old named, Makayla Sault has a cancer called leukemia. This was last year when she was taking chemotherapy for 12 weeks. When in May of last year she wanted to stop taking chemo. This 11 year old died that next Sunday. Doctors said it was from a stroke that was caused from this chemotherapy. The chemotherapy did lots of damage to her body. The doctors say that Makayla had no signs of cancer when she died on that Sunday. She told the news that the cancer was gone and it was all up to god to chose where she was going to go for the rest of her life. In the end of this article it said that There is a 17 year old in Connecticut being forced to take chemotherapy not by her choice. In this story I thought it was sad but things happen and you just have to move on. I could not imagine being in the family's shoes.

Do you guys believe that you shouldn't have a choice in if have to take chemotherapy or not?

Do you think it was right they were blaming Makaylas stroke on the cancer treatment.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• I'm not sure if it actually caused the stroke or not but I know that chemo does take a lot out of the people going through it. So its very likely that the chemo did cause her body to just shut down. 

• I agree chemo is very hard on a person!

• I think that when it comes to the medical field that they shouldn't be able to force you to take any kind of treatment of force you into any type of care. Ultimately its your body so it should be your choice what happens to it. 

• For blaming her stroke on the treatments, i could see it. I have seen what someone in Chemo goes through and it is rough. As for choice of chemo, I think that you should have the choice just like other operations.

• I think anyone should get to choose. And you have to think about how much it costs to have chemo. I know there are plenty of ways to get extra funds, but still. It very well could be the treatment that caused her stroke. My dad had cancer and it took a huge toll on his body.

• I don't think you should have a choice until your 18. Until then your parents should have control over medical decisions such as this. Also until proven the treatment caused the stoke they shouldn't blame it on the stroke.

• I don't think you should have a choice, well not at least until your 18. Also strokes can kill people so it would somewhat make sense but at her age she shouldn't have had a stoke that's just really odd. But it was good news that she didn't have cancer.

• I think that you shouldn't have the choice unless your at least like 18 or older because your parents make most of your decisions until your 18 anyways. I dont think thatthe chemotherapy would cause her stroke.

• that's good point in the 18 and older part.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker