1 dead, 1 injured

A tragic accident at point Reyes National Seashore leaves one person dead and one injured. This took place when part of the Arch Rock overlook collapsed, falling down nearly 70 feet into the cold Pacific Coast. The bluffs located along the California seashore are known for being unstable, says the park services. Due to it being unstable, the seashore is closed to everybody until further instructions. Stay tuned for continual updates. I think that it is a awful thing, to see something like that happen. I don't know how I would react to this for sure but I would probably panic. I can't imagine what the families of the deceased person are feeling right now.

What would you do if you were standing next to someone on the shoreline and then they just fell away into the ocean?

What do you think caused the collapse of the Arch Rock?

For more information 

One person was killed and one injured when a rock face collapsed at Point Reyes National Seashore.

You need to be a member of History 360 to add comments!

Join History 360

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• Well done!

• I would try to help or call the police. I think it was erosion that caused Arch Rock to fall.

• I would probably start freaking out. The Arch Rock probably collapsed because it was old, I'm not really sure.

• I would probably panic, and/or run and call the police. More than likely run first. And scream, and maybe cry. Depending on who the person was, cry. And i think that the rock was just ready to go down at any time, and the people just happened to be there at the wrong place and time. 

• Well first off don't stand at the edge of a cliff without being prepared to fall. If I was next to someone and they went by by then I would probably not go after them. Erosion probably caused it because some waves can be brutal.

• Exactly! People need to be more careful and cautious when they do things like this.

• Wow that would be horrible, I would definitely panic and not know what to do. I think they need people to come research it better and figure out how it happened and if there is anything to stop it from happening agian. 

• Like everyone else is saying.. I would totally panic. There is no way I would be able to stay calm in that kind of situation. I think they should bring scientists to the area of the accident and investigate. Although its most likely just erosion. 

• Yes, it is unlikely foul play is cause of the collapse. It would definitely be tragic to see something so horrific.

• The west coast is basically falling into the ocean due to continental drifts. North America moves east at an almost un-noticeable pace, but any form of erosion can cause bits and pieces of land to fall in. It's really just not a good idea to go anywhere near cliffs in the west coast.

This reply was deleted.
eXTReMe Tracker